Viewing IP camera footage on TV

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, in terms being able to view the feeds from my IP cameras on my TV, I'm guessing I need to have the NVR connected to my TV via HDMI? If I have my NVR and cameras on one switch which is not near the TV but I have a CAT6 wire going from the switch to the TV location is there another method I can use to view the footage on my TV?

I've just seen a post by @nayr on here about having a dedicated screen for cameras so I'm looking into that too...

Thanks!

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fire tv or most android boxes with Tiny Cam Pro installed thats what I use. There is also a item that coverts the cat 5 or 6 to hdmi as well. A HDMI direct like that will be best frame rate but, my FireTV works great on wifi at 12-15 fps with 8 3mp Hikvision cameras on my bedroom tv. I also have a 28" tv with a 35 foot HDMI in my office as an always on always watching camera. There is another app that can open a camera on motion through android box while watching Kodi or whatever but, I have not been able to get it to work yet.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Raspberry Pi if you can handle linux on your own.. Ive been working on a project to make it plug-n-play with a RPI but Ive not had time to finish it up for release; but I'm making no promises for a release eta as every time I try to my life gets flipped upside down..