viewing Lorex NVR cameras on Apple TV

Nov 19, 2021
Atlanta
I have a Lorex NVR system.
I think its the stoopidest things to have to login on apple tv to view my cameras.
If something goes bump in the night I don't want my wife trying to remember the password to see what it is.
Has anybody successfully figured out how to do this.

I have the cameras on a POE switch and none of them are plugged directly into the NVR.

Reactions: mat200
How does the Apple TV view them now (when wife tries to input password) ? By opening a browser and looking at the NVR's embedded webGUI that shows all the cams?
If so, consider an app for the Apple TV that works with the RTSP streams from the cams or the NVR, such as "CCTV Viewer".

There are many more similar apps available to run on the Apple TV to do the same....display RSTP streams from either the NVR or from the cams.
I don't use any of the iOS apps (I stream my cams to Blue Iris VMS on a PC) but have streamed my cams directly to an app similar to CCTV Viewer that runs on Android devices, in my case a Sony Smart TV; that app is call TinyCam Pro.

EDIT: 11/20 @ 0851 CT: A comment to a reviewer by the developer, Ken Marshall:

"Hi there, in the app description it advises that you can test the streams using VLC (Free App). If VLC can play the stream, then our App can also play the stream, as it uses VLCKit under the hood. Therefore you can use that to test if you system is compatible before purchase."

Link to VLC for Apple TV ==>> here

Last edited:
How does the Apple TV view them now (when wife tries to input password) ? By opening a browser and looking at the NVR's embedded webGUI that shows all the cams?
If so, consider an app for the Apple TV that works with the RTSP streams from the cams or the NVR, such as "CCTV Viewer".

There are many more similar apps available to run on the Apple TV to do the same....display RSTP streams from either the NVR or from the cams.
I don't use any of the iOS apps (I stream my cams to Blue Iris VMS on a PC) but have streamed my cams directly to an app similar to CCTV Viewer that runs on Android devices, in my case a Sony Smart TV; that app is call TinyCam Pro.

EDIT: 11/20 @ 0851 CT: A comment to a reviewer by the developer, Ken Marshall:

"Hi there, in the app description it advises that you can test the streams using VLC (Free App). If VLC can play the stream, then our App can also play the stream, as it uses VLCKit under the hood. Therefore you can use that to test if you system is compatible before purchase."

Link to VLC for Apple TV ==>> here

Right now I use a Lorex app. I login and I can see all the cameras.

I have tried to plug the cameras into a few apps via ip address and login info but I could never get them to connect.
I have never tried the rstp stream before. I will look into TinyCam Pro

TinyCam Pro is for Android only, the poorly-rated "TinyCam" on the Apple store is not in the same league nor developed by the same person, @alexvas of Tiny Solutions LLC.

The app is represented on IpCamTalk here.

The apps "CCTV Viewer" and "VLC" that I linked above are highly rated and cam work with iOS.