Viewing nesting box camera on smart phone

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have recently Started live streaming my nesting box camera. I'm using a company called Angelcam to live stream the camera. However, a few of my viewers have commented that they are not able to view the video on their smart phone. Thing is, it's not happening with everybody. I'm wondering whether it's got something to do with the security settings. I have included a link to my live streaming nesting box in this thread. Maybe somebody could take a look you are experiencing the same problem.

Live video from Brixham Blue Tits Live Streaming Nesting Box camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So many possible issues can be factored in with Cell Phone connections...for one Cell Service...I would assume most who are connected to a WiFi network with their phones should have no problem...

I connected on my Samsung S20 Android version 11 phone via my WiFi home network, no problem...also turned off my WiFi on my phone and was able to connect via a 5G Cell Service...

Streaming takes more bandwidth, so those connecting with slower or spotty connects will have problems...

HTH

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Video looks good on Chrome browser with Win 10 and Pixel phone on Android 11. The bird looks cold though. Good job.

Last edited:

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Make sure that you bookmark the link because it won't be very long before they start building the nest and start laying. It's a wonderful experience watching them rearing their young

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow! What a great picture. This new camera I bought is awesome. Even at night when it's pitch black in the box, you still get a crystal-clear picture where you can even see the tiny bits of dust in the box. I can hardly wait until they start laying eggs..

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow! What a great picture. This new camera I bought is awesome. Even at night when it's pitch black in the box, you still get a crystal-clear picture where you can even see the tiny bits of dust in the box. I can hardly wait until they start laying eggs..
Which CAM you got?