Vikylin brand as Hivision OEM?

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

A few months ago I bought an ANNKE 4K 8MP 180 degree dual cam and I love it link --> ANNKE 4K 8MP Outdoor Poe Security Camera System, IP Outdoor Camera in 180° FoV by Dual-Lens, Human/Vehicle/Pet Detection, Color Night Vision, Two Way Talk, Up to 256GB Micro SD Card - Newegg.com -- currently priced at $249 -- I flashed the official hikvision firmware and its been great so far.

Since I had good experience with it, I decided to get one more but this time I stumbled upon this in Aliexpress:

It is currently priced at $181 USD and I believe it is the same exact model as the Annke one -which is appealing to me right now because of the $70 price difference.

I have never heard of this brand and I was wondering what anyone's experience with Vikylin and more importantly, can this camera be flashed with the original Hikvision firmware?

Lastly, what I seem to be a little concern is, it probably will require me to install their own Adjdevtool...exe which is a red flag I think. This could be malware or spyware and I'm not sure if it is really required or not (let's just say I can flash the Hik firmware).

Thoughts?

TIA!

B-Murda

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, the brand I have heard of and personally purchased from multiple times (thousands of dollars worth).
Having said that, I've never purchased from aliexpress and can't confirm that "store" is the same one. Maybe it is but they use another name for consumer side.

They generally will sell me whatever I want. OEM with or without OEM logo, with another logo, or no logo. Taking OEM firmware, but that was always my request/requirement and they always delivered.

You can email them at info@vikylin.com to clarify what you would be getting or inquire about what your want/goal is and if that store is them or another one using the same brand.
They may even offer better pricing directly vs one of those platforms. Again, I've used them and dealt with since 2019 and 0 issues. Just make sure it's the same company or their product at least.

Hope that helps some.

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will definitely consider going to them directly regarding firmware update. It is really way way cheaper that the official one which is very tempting.

evisss

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I can answer this question. The manufacturer of his camera with brand VIKYLIN is Hikvision, OEM form model DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL. All the software used is the same as Hikvision, including ASDP/IVMS-4200/HIK-CONNECT, but the logo is Vikylin instead of Hikvision ,Adjdevtool is not need for this camera

Noloboy

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I can answer this question. The manufacturer of his camera with brand VIKYLIN is Hikvision, OEM form model DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL. All the software used is the same as Hikvision, including ASDP/IVMS-4200/HIK-CONNECT, but the logo is Vikylin instead of Hikvision ,Adjdevtool is not need for this camera
Great thanks!! Perfect for Thanksgiving sale just incase.

Anyway, for me I just bought the original Hikvision from Aliexpress which went on sale this recent 11.11 (their version of black friday).

However, my friends were in awe when they sawt his camera so I think I can suggest Vikylin since its way cheaper that the original one.