Vivotek camera configuration and streaming to Mangocam cloud

MichelMopy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have 4 IP cameras (Vivotek IP8335H, FD8367-TV, and IB8360), and would like to stream:store video recordings to Mangocam.
I have configured the cameras as Vivotek (generic H.264) and Vivotek (generic) [MJPEG], set IP adresses and ports (port checker shows
ports are opened), and when I try to use the live stream function, it doesn't display anything (waiting for image -xx).
Looking at the Event Log; I get messages "unknown camera connection error" .
I can't seem to find any support from Mangocam on their website besides the help section and an email to support...

IF anyone has smoe ideas on how to configure my cameras with Mangocam, would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Mangocam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi MichelMopy,

Thanks for your post.

We have replied to your support request directly via email. Please let us know should you require further assistance with this.

Best regards,

The Team at Mangocam

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi MichelMopy,

Thanks for your post.

We have replied to your support request directly via email. Please let us know should you require further assistance with this.

Best regards,

The Team at Mangocam
Can you reply here, too? This way anyone else with the same issue can have an idea.

Mangocam

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks - this is not fully resolved, however in general the issues are:

• forwarding the incorrect port (HTTP vs. RTSP) and using the wrong camera model
  • dynamic IP address vs. static and use of DDNS service (or double NAT configurations)
  • port forwarding setup (some routers are not exactly making this easy)

The camera's above should work using the Generic /live.sdp or Vivotek profiles in Mangocam (assuming the right port has been configured).

We also offer proxy software (Mangocam proxy), which fully encrypts all traffic (even RTSP) and does not require port forwarding or a static IP address.

Any further questions regarding compatibility and setup please contact the Mangocam support (support@mangocam.com).

The Team at Mangocam