Voice recording

User019

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
do you have any idea how to record voice in good quality?

Maybe are there outside cameras with good voice or mic output?
regards

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quite a few cameras have microphones built in. Sometimes you have to change some settings to get decent quality audio.
External microphones generally are a bit better.

State laws regarding audio recording vary. Even a in a "1-party" state, the conversation occurring on your property doesn't necessarily make you a party to the conversation. I live in a 1-party state that has a specific exemption for recording audio on your own property.

User019

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have hikvision dome camera with internal mic, but the quality is very low (noise) and no possibility to hear anythink. I've checked external audio output, but it was noisy too (winds and other noises)

Maybe try to record using external hardware i.e raspberry pi and microphone?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have hikvision dome camera with internal mic, but the quality is very low (noise) and no possibility to hear anythink. I've checked external audio output, but it was noisy too (winds and other noises)

Maybe try to record using external hardware i.e raspberry pi and microphone?
On Dahua cameras, the audio is ironically much better if you turn the software noise filter off.

This mic needs power, but it's well regarded here: Bullet Mic Review performance is improved by adding a foam windscreen