VPN help

Pickel

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, I'm stuck on Openvpn and Android. I'm getting this error while trying to import .ovpn profile on android. I need a ta.key, but can't find how to generate it. Feeling stupid.

Attachments

Pickel

n3wb
Reaction score
Nevermind, figured that part out. Now when I try to connect via android app I'm getting certificate undefined. I've tried adding it to opvn file, but still no go.

Pickel

n3wb
Reaction score
I've actually go it all set up now on my BI server and can connect via android phone. My only question now is how to tell if it's secure? I thought I read along the way, that your ip address should show your home ip when connected. While on my phone, if I am connected to work wifi and I google "whatsmyip" it comes back with my work wifi address. If I do it while on the cell network, it will give me random ip's.

Reaction score
I've actually go it all set up now on my BI server and can connect via android phone. My only question now is how to tell if it's secure? I thought I read along the way, that your ip address should show your home ip when connected. While on my phone, if I am connected to work wifi and I google "whatsmyip" it comes back with my work wifi address. If I do it while on the cell network, it will give me random ip's.

Mine comes back with my home ip address when im connected vpn because thats where my vpn server is located. Works great because there are certain sites that I log into that I have to be at my home ip in order to log into. There should be some settings on your vpn where you can make the traffic go through your vpn instead.

Last edited: