VTH1510CH stuck on old firmware

ray74

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have 5x VTH of the same model, all but one with firmware 4.000..., and the other with firmware 3.120... I'm trying to update the firmware of this one in VDPConfig, but it only says "login over time" and won't do anything.

This VTH works perfectly, but the UI is really ugly and I want to have all the devices with the same firmware.

Project password is 888888, but this is not working in VDPConfig. I have tried a lot of user/password combinations without any luck. The other 4x VTH were upgraded in VDPConfig without any problem.

What else can I do? Thanks!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi there, some VTH devices are similar, you might try your luck here: VTH1550CH - How to flash or reset device?

Project password is only for "UI access".

Take into account that your VDPconfig pc has to be in range (no firewall, especially ports 3800 & 37810 need to be open to be discoverable by the tool).

My suggestion: factory reset (on screen), let VDP search and discover the device: do the firmwares match? If yes, try to upgrade.

Good luck!
CC

ray74

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @catcamstar, I tried the factory reset but still have the same result. I also followed the thread you linked me but nothing happened after executing commands.bat.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
But does VDConfig find that VTH? Which specifications does it show (in comparison with the other "working ones")?

ray74

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, it shows exactly the same details as the updated ones, except for the firmware.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, it shows exactly the same details as the updated ones, except for the firmware.
Just to avoid the unavoidable: what happens if you exchange 2 VTH's from physical location (eg unplug and replug in a "working" VTH plug). Does that help?

ray74

n3wb
Reaction score
@catcamstar it worked!!! I can't believe why I didn't try this before :banghead:

I had to replace the POE splitter before installing the "stuck" VTH, maybe the new one gives connection timeouts in some cases.

Thank you!!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar it worked!!! I can't believe why I didn't try this before :banghead:

I had to replace the POE splitter before installing the "stuck" VTH, maybe the new one gives connection timeouts in some cases.

Thank you!!
Well, this was unexpected, but hey, well done to you :D

Enjoy firmware v4, which is, like you said, a great improvement for these VTHs!
CC

_lucas_

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
does anyone know how to see in the vth1510ch cameras other than dahua?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi
does anyone know how to see in the vth1510ch cameras other than dahua?
Short answer: yes ;)

Long answer:
step 1: click here step 2: open that pdf
step 3: go to page 44 or better: section 6.2: adding a remote camera

Easy peasy! :D

Now the pitfalls:
- pick a camera protocol from that list (I assume your remote camera -at least- supports onvif) - all p2p shizzle remains... shizzle :cool:
- make sure you don't connect to a FullHD or 4k stream, the VTH screen resolution is not able to visualise it. Set it to something like a D1 resolution. How to change the channel/stream, repeat the previous procedure and go back to section 6.2 where you define the channel/stream to connect to :lol:

Cherios!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, X.X.X.X at "IP", 5000 at "Port", and protocol on ONVIF. Make sure you pick the substream with Maximum D1 resolution. If that doesn't work, it is not compatible.

Good luck!
CC

_lucas_

n3wb
Reaction score
I can see the cameras by onvif or by rtsp in vlc ... in spy .... in contacam ...
so you should see in vth.
I do not understand the resolution if I have to change it in the cameras ..... because I do not want to put them in sd .... and then see them in sd from spy or contacam (I really like this one because I can select motion detection zones).
it was even very easy for me to incorporate in the camera vto2000a

bvdvoorde

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to download the latest firmware for the VTH1510CH? According to Dahua's website it is discontinued and they do not seem to offer any firmware downloads ... Thanks!