vth5221d user setup

Aug 1, 2024
UK
I have some vth5221d generation 1 video intercoms that I want to setup in a master and slaves relationship. The master is setup as room number 9901 and the slaves are setup as 9901-1, 9901-2 etc. All goes well until I tray to make a call. For example calling the master from the unit with room number 9901-1. Typing 9901 as the call destination fails with "user is offline". Trying to call the slave from the master using 9901-1 fails with "invalid format".

All the units have been updated to the latest Gen 1 firmware (v4.0). I cannot find any documentation on setting up user names and multiple slaves for non sip gen 1 devices.

Can anyone help me out on this. Especially on the relationships between users and room numbers and how this is managed.

Thanks

Hi Damon,

This video is for configuring sip. Sip is only supported from Gen 2 onwards. Whilst the v4.0 firmware for gen 1 appears to be built from the same base as the firmware for Gen 2 onwards, the sip code is actually disabled. That is the problem I am facing. I am aware of the building config stuff in ConfigTool but I cannot find any documentation for using it to configure non sip firmware.

I only have an old version of Windows 8.1 that I run using a virtual machine on my Linux system. This does not have Excel installed. The dahua ConfigTool requires Excel to be installed for the export function to work. So I cannot view a text version of the config! This restriction does not make any sense to me! Writing a file in Excel format should not require presence of Excel itself. I can see in the video that the fields that have been exported include blank columns for username and password. I assume they need to be filled in, but I cannot see any way of doing that in the gui.

Catch 22.

All help will be gratefully recieved.