VTO video doorbell connecting to NVR issues

sparkyman

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my VTO Villa doorbell to my NVR. I have already got the doorbell to work and I've completed all the stuff needed for remote viewing when I'm out of the house from my phone. My question is that when I try to add my VTO to the NVR so I can get 24 hour surveillance from my doorbell as well, the Video doorbell feed comes up for a couple of seconds and it reboots itself until I erase the camera from the NVR or unplug it. It's connected to a switch so its not connected directly into the NVR and I've checked everything multiple times to see if everything is OK. Everything is hooked perfectly. Any help appreciated as this is my last task before my setup is complete.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Help is on your way!
I've had couple of headaches too connecting my VTO2000A to my Dahua 5216 NVR, through its proprietary VTNS switch. If I added the VTO "by hand" (manually), it did behave erratically, and espcially when you tweak stuff through the NVR (eg bitrate, resolution, or even try to configure MD), the VTO goes nutts. Period.
Whatever you do, if your VTO "crashes", you have to factory reset or some things remain behind and mess up things later. So, start with a fresh plate: factory reset, hook it up to your mobile device, see that all these "basic" things work. You figured that already out.

Then go into your camera registration page, and let the NVR search and find your VTO. As you were already able hook the VTO up, it should work. Once it finds the VTO and attaches a channel to it, then only go to your schedule and flag: register 24/7 "all images". And do not touch anything else.

That's easy, no touchy touchy :p

Hope this helps!
CC

sparkyman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help out. I've done everything about 4 times but the problem I'm having is the last part. My NVR detects the camera and as soon as I add it, it reboots itself. Every minute it displays on my NVR screen for a second and boom... its offline and reboots itself. I don't know what else to do now. I'm out of options from my end.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help out. I've done everything about 4 times but the problem I'm having is the last part. My NVR detects the camera and as soon as I add it, it reboots itself. Every minute it displays on my NVR screen for a second and boom... its offline and reboots itself. I don't know what else to do now. I'm out of options from my end.
Hello Sparkyman, what happens if you lower the resolution on the camera in the VTO? Just to avoid that the NVR is effectively trying to "fix" it, and then the VTO reboots.

sparkyman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Sparkyman, what happens if you lower the resolution on the camera in the VTO? Just to avoid that the NVR is effectively trying to "fix" it, and then the VTO reboots.
That was the first thing that came to my mind. I've tried it but no luck.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
That was the first thing that came to my mind. I've tried it but no luck.
Are you also using a VTH or nothing? Otherwise I would suggest to factory reset the VTO and change nothing at all (no IP nothing). Let the NVR find it and see what happens?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I experienced a similar situation with an IP conflict. Can you give the doorbell cam a static IP that you are sure isnt being used by something else...?

sparkyman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys. I thank all of you for your help. After spending hours of trying everything I decided to talk to the seller and he gave me a replacement. In 2 minutes I set it up and it ran like how it was supposed to. The first unit I got was defective. Anyway all working like a charm now!!