VTO2000A not working anymore, trying to find replacement

TomCat666

n3wb
Mar 16, 2023
Bolgaria
Hi
My outdoor intercom station VTO2000A stopped working after 6 years. All I get is the ping reply from 192.168.1.110 but nothing else. My indoor station is VTH1550CH - it does not connect to VTO2000A anymore - it shows the crossed out outdoor station icon, also I cannot connect to the video stream on 192.168.1.110 anymore. I tried resetting the VTO2000A with 5 presses and it started blinking the light but I didn't get any sound feedback. Nothing really helped.
I am trying to find a replacement VTO2000A but so far was unsuccessful. When checking out the Dahua pages I saw that the parts with -S are 2nd generation and not compatible with the first generation.
I found some sites - AliExpress that sell the VTO2000A-S1 version of the station, but I cannot find any info if the -S1 version will work with my VTH1550CH. I would really appretiate any help with this, I really don't want to buy a complete indoor and outdoor system, I was pretty satisfied with the VTO2000A as it was.
Thanks for any help.

This may not meet your needs, but please have a look:

Sorry but it must be at least the same size as VTO2000A because of steel pole.

Could the problem be the power - the Poe switch VTNS1060A? The indoor unit works fine but on the outdoor only ping works? Can I connect the VTO2000A on another Poe switch from dahlua that I have - DH-PFS3005-4ET-60 to test this or can I break it?

As I understand it, the intercom components ending in -S (meaning SIP) are second generation intercoms, so a VTO2000A-S1
from AliExpress is unlikely to be compatible.

Does the VTO play the audio "Calling now" when you press the doorbell button? If so, that means it is receiving power.

As far as I know, and experienced, in general, these Dahua VTH's and VTO's are normal POE devices and that means the VTH will
tell ("negotiate" with) the POE switch about its power requirements. POE switches do develop bad ports, so I suppose
it possible that the VTO is not receiving adequate or stable power.

Sorry, not very helpful.

Thank you for the answer. The VTO used to play the "Calling now" sound sometimes, not always. After I unplugged it from the VTNS1060A switch and plugged it back in it stopped doing that all together. Currently it does only the following:
  • Responds to ping 192.168.1.110
  • The light on the VTO's label is lit
  • If I press the rear button 5 times it goes into "reset" mode - light blinks, but there is no audio feedback (it should be probably)
  • If I hold the call button for a long time it also goes into "reset" mode - light blinks, but there is no audio feedback (it should be probably)
  • The VTH finds the VTO when I search for it, but cannot connect to it (there is a crossed out VTO icon on the VTH display), the VTO is not found by ONVIF discovery and no video anywhere

After some extensive googling I think the VTNS1060A switch is a "passive" POE device switch which doesn't do any negotiating just gives out power (not sure if it is 12 or 24v) on fixed pins. The VTH is connected to this VTNS1060A switch too and seems to be working properly, that's why I thought the switch was OK and the VTO is at fault, but after some comments on the web I am sceptical.
I do have another POE switch- DH-PFS3005-4ET-60 which is an active swtich - as you described it needs to be negotiated with to get proper power and voltage, I have my Dahua cameras on it. I don't want to put the VTO on this switch if it is incompatible so I don't break either the switch or the VTO (if it is not broken by any chance) - since everywhere on the net they say I should use it with the VTNS1060A switch. I hope someone on this forum can answer this.

About the SIP mode - I also think the VTO2000A-S1 is the SIP version of the switch but after reading lots and lots of posts the firmware of these devices can be downgraded to normal version and also the firmware of the VTH1550CH can be upgraded to a SIP version and they could be made compatible? Again, not 100% sure since Dahua pages say they are incompatible. I know people have done the upgrading and downgrading on this forum, but would really like a confirmation that I can do that. Again, hope someone reads this who knows :)