Vto2000A: stuck with old firmware

bsquad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I'm using my vto with sip firmware in conjunction with my virtual asterisk pbx (same location but different network/vlan). At the beginning i successfully upload the sip firmware "General_VTO2000A_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V1.200.1000.0.R.20160505" via configtool 3.2.0 and after a year this one: "General_Overseas_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V1.000.00.0.R.20170425.bin".
All works right minus a few connectivity problems with my cellphone when i'm away and now, for this troubles probably dues to an old and weak asterisk (v11) i've ready a more recent pbx instance but i'm unable to make it work with my vto.

Non so may times far i've already try to update my fw vto always with config tool (with this fw General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V3.300.0000001.0.R.20180105.bin) with the result of a tricky TFTP restore (many many thanks to cor35vet) . Yesterday i've spotted here there are newer versions (v4) of sip firmware for vto. This time as suggested i used VDPConfig and i upload this fw: General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V4.000.0000000.5.R.20181030.bin

The result was another brick & tftp restore :angry: with the actual updacked firmware 20170425

Today, i've spotted another newer firmware (General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V4.300.0000000.1.R.20190305.bin) but i don't want to repeat the tricky procedure so, i'm just asking how the h3ll i can correctly upgrade this damn vto :angry:.

Is my vto f**ked up? first time only ping & port 37*** work but yesterday was a total loss.

I really appreciate your help.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As long as you don't brick your bootloader you almost cannot kill your VTO with flashing.
Believe me, I flashed all kind of SIP/NonSIP/custom made/hacked firmware's to my test-vto2000, I was always able to recover it.
To see the reason the upgrades don't work at first time, just log the serial outupt while upgrading the official way.

I did this upgrade already a couple of times. Always worked when using actual Dahua ToolBox's VDPconfig and official firmware files. Do not use ConfigTool as it is for cameras only.

Maybe you should consider a MCU upgrade as well - dunno what version your VTO2000A is running, but actual versions seem to solve some issues other users and I had in the past.
Latest version I know: https://dahuawiki.com/images/Firmware/Video_Intercom/VDP_SIP_2.0/DHI-VTO2000A-S/General_VTO2000A-MCU_V3.000.0000000.0.R.20181123.zip

Last edited:

bsquad

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks riogrande, gonna try flash mcu before fw next run.
Other question: is advisable erase settings or not when upgrade firmware? In my IT xp other devices require a "clean start" when there are big jumps across firmwares revisions (bios, bmc ect ect)
In the last run i erased settings but, after tftp restore, ip address and other (but not all) settings where inaltered

Stap11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a vto2000a-2 and i am also stuck with an old firmware that i fail to upgrade. I currently have firmware 1.0 from 2014. Each attempt to upgrade via config tool failed and firmware 1.0 is still there.
I tried to upgrade via config tool 4 and got a « send upgrade data error », then i tried with an older config tool (3.2) and got another message. Finally i tried through port 3800 but got a « login overtime ».
Can anyone help please?
I haven’t been using the VDPconfig but the config tool, could that be the reason?
Many thanks for your help!

Stap11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am still stuck with firmware 1.0 on my VTO. Anyone has an idea to force the upgrade?
Thanks!

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Off course you have to use VFPconfig not config tool. It was mentioned many times in this forum.
I would do it step by step, not jumping directly to v4.3. Give it a try with any 3.12 firmware, then go for a v4 firmware.
If this does not work, you have might have to do it with the tftp method.

Stap11

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Riogrande. I tried with VDPConfig and firmware 3.12 but it failed.
Maybe i should try with even older firmware versions like a 2.x but couldn’t find any.
I suppose i’m down to TFTP. Is it safe?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Safe? What do you mean with safe?
As long as you clearly follow the guide, i'd say it's safe.
If you are not familiar with tftp, telnet & co., leave it to someone else.

Stap11

n3wb
Reaction score
By safe i meant is there a chance that i screw up my vto for good.
I’m not familiar at all with those processes so i’ll follow your advice and leave it to someone else.
Thank you again for your help!

Stap11

n3wb
Reaction score
@riogrande75 I finally managed to upgrade my vto2000a by using another firmware file (v3.2) and i was able to configure p2p access.
I now have another problem: i can monitor the vto from the vth1550chw, however when a call is generated from the vto the vth rings but the video does not display (message « network abnormal video connect timeout). My phone does receive the call without any problem with idmss plus.
Do you know what could cause this problem?
Vto firmware is 3.2 and vth is 4.0.
Thank you for your help!

Last edited: