VTO2111D questions/issues

ohliuw

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got a new VTO2111D-WP, and am tying to set it up.
So far:
  • I can access via ConfigTool
  • I can access it through the Web browser by IP
  • I can add it as door bell on iDMSS Plus app and can talk and view

I want to:
1. be able to add it to my NVR (I have 8 channel Dahua with my 5 other cameras). They are on the same switch and subnet, but I can't seem to add it to the NVR - I tried both as Private and ONvif, but it doesn't seem to connect (it has the red X at the bottom). What am I missing?
2. Be able to use my existing (currently installed door chime)
3. I have a Smart Things hub that controls a smart lock. I want to be able to unlock the door from my idmms app.
4. If I press the ring button on the doorbell, it doesn't ring on my app. How do I configure this in the settings of the doorbell?

Thanks for you help

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got a new VTO2111D-WP, and am tying to set it up.
So far:
  • I can access via ConfigTool
  • I can access it through the Web browser by IP
  • I can add it as door bell on iDMSS Plus app and can talk and view

I want to:
1. be able to add it to my NVR (I have 8 channel Dahua with my 5 other cameras). They are on the same switch and subnet, but I can't seem to add it to the NVR - I tried both as Private and ONvif, but it doesn't seem to connect (it has the red X at the bottom). What am I missing?
2. Be able to use my existing (currently installed door chime)
3. I have a Smart Things hub that controls a smart lock. I want to be able to unlock the door from my idmms app.
4. If I press the ring button on the doorbell, it doesn't ring on my app. How do I configure this in the settings of the doorbell?

Thanks for you help
if you want upgrade VTO and VTH, not use "config tool", you need use "VDPconfig" , "VDPconfig" in "dahua toolbox" .

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
1) instead of trying to manually add the VTO to your NVR, what happens if you let the NVR "scan" your network for the VTO. This is much easier to have all connection parameters right. That's how I did it. But the moment you try to "twiggle" with any settings (video, motion detection, ... ), the NVR will mess up your VTO anyhow. Simple reboot of the VTO will unlock it again.
2) depends on how your existing chime works (12V/24V/.... ). This might require some hocus pocus with electronics (at least a relais)
3) that's the reason why I hooked up a VTO2000A, this device does have electronic relais output to open/unhatch an electronic lock. From the DMSS app offcourse
4) did you "subscribe" to the alarms generated by the VTO device? You have to flip the switch and save the settings.

Good luck!
CC

ohliuw

n3wb
Reaction score
So I was able to add to the NVR by updating the firmware of the NVR.

now I have another problem - the LAN connector is too big to fit the frame of my door. I want to cut it out and connect it directly to my LAN cable.

I am not worried about water since It will be tucked inside the door/wall.

Any ideas about some mini LAN connector that I can use to connect the two cables?33B22B07-CFAA-44FE-9132-99D4F5FA431B.jpeg

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, actually, I'd drill that hole through your wall. Even if you could "solder" the two ends together, your wire is still visible (and prone to destruction/vandalism).

That's one of the reasons why I took the VTO2000A, because it has a nice cover to fit all:

or an in-wall mount:

But you don't have such a device. Is that large UTP connection block terminated on a plug like the one below? If so, cut your UTP cable and fit it in that plug.

ohliuw

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks,
you are right.
Sometimes the obvious solutions just infront of our eyes while we are looking for à complicated way out.

Any idea where I can buy this plastic connector? It might be a good idea to preserve the cable if I move in the future.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
You indeed have two options, either "recycle" the original one and if you destroy it, you're back to square one. Or you look in your local electronic store to something like the "flat" 8-pin connector like on

ohliuw

n3wb
Reaction score
I found some connectors on eBay, but wasn’t sure if this connector is 2.54mm or smaller. The image you show link to 2.54mm connector, is this the correct size for the doorbell connector?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I found some connectors on eBay, but wasn’t sure if this connector is 2.54mm or smaller. The image you show link to 2.54mm connector, is this the correct size for the doorbell connector?
There's only one way to find out. Open your bell and measure the connector.

ohliuw

n3wb
Reaction score
for future référence, it’s a jst ph connector - meaning 2.0mm spacing. The cheapest I found was in AliExpress for $4 for a set of 20 (most others I found were a set of 100s)