VTO2211G-WP and Mikrotik PoE?

docx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I've got VTO2211G-WP doorbell and have tested with 12V 2.1A on wires and works like a charm.
Now I would like to mount it and power it by PoE. The adapter that I have got is from MikroTik HS24-2400 rated output 24V 1A and of course nothing powers on when I connect it with LAN cables. Switching back to 12V everything works.

This is PoE adapter:
1623667768010.png

Is there a special standard for Dahua, since on technical sheet it saids : "12V DC or Standard PoE" for powering VTO?
I've tested output of Mikrotik adapter, seems that it's all alright on 24V but not sure if that is on a pins that Dahua accepts power + and - lines.

Here is manual of VTO, on page 7 is schematics: manual

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now I would like to mount it and power it by PoE. The adapter that I have got is from MikroTik HS24-2400 rated output 24V 1A..........
and
Is there a special standard for Dahua, since on technical sheet it saids : "12V DC or Standard PoE" for powering VTO?
"Standard POE" most likely refers to the 802.3af/at standard found here.
24VDC from that MikroTik is passive POE and will NOT work with the Dahua.
You need a 802.3af injector such as this.

Just insure it meets the rated wattage requirements of the Dahua. This one is available in Croatia and is rated 15.4 watts. It also appears to have the male plug you need for your country.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCamTalk! :wave:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.