VTO2311R-WP - 10 Pin Cable to Gate

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have the DHI-VTO2311R-WP. I plan to connect it to a swing gate to be controlled via App / VTH.

My issue is that the 10 pin cable that comes in the box is needs to be extended and dragged through underground conduit to the gate controller. What's the best way to extend this cable? Or perhaps a screw down connector that I can wire up myself?

PXL_20240324_145151981.jpg

Secondly, I don't need to extend every cable as here's how I need to wire it when I get back to the gate controller

image.png

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure why Dahua would provide such a small cable?

I asked the Dahua whatsapp support and got useless responses "need to use connector" - Duh.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any type of direct bury wire will work. You need 1 pair to controllers RTE. And you can use simple wire connectors for splice. Blue ones are waterproof.IMG_4942.jpeg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
And temporarily tape up the end of the conductors to be pulled in, pull them in then splice on the connector pigtail....I see no need, based on your description, for the following:

"....the 10 pin cable....needs to be extended and dragged through underground conduit."​