wait until triggered at least x times in y seconds ?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A quick question about this setting as I'm getting quite a few sunlight false alerts ....the sun can change quite rapidly over a few seconds on some steps I have monitored which is causing quite a few false alert...

So if the sun changes from dark to very bright in under 3 seconds and I have x and y set to 2 times in 3 seconds ...I take it nothing will happen ?

Is it as simple as that ?

Also if I then have a man walking down the steps and he is in motion for plus 3 seconds ..I should get an alert

Is this correct ?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So i ended up setting this to 3 times with 3 seconds but I've had zero alerts since.. despite numerous people walking across in front of the camera,

I really don't understand how this option works and there is really zero info in the help file.

What am I doing wrong as I would imagine several people walking in front of the camera for 10 seconds would trigger an alert ???

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone help or is this the wrong forum ?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You're in the right place--Check your make time and be sure it will allow the number of triggers you want within the 3 secs (you'll likely have to decrease the make time to well under a second--will take some trial and error). Save video of a person walking the steps so you can run the video back through the motion test after you make changes; you'll see how BI responds to the motion with tracking boxes.

Last edited:

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but thought I'd add a bit of info after tinkering with this today. It's spring and birds are setting off some of my cams when they buzz past the FOV. Changing the Alerts setting "Wait until triggered at least" does prevent alert notifications, but triggers still occur and are recorded. Seems like a good trade off :D