Walnut Collecting

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's only temporary. A few years ago the bridge washed out, and they did a crappy job of repairing it. This time around they're doing a much better job. They picked up the bridge, moved it to the side, built some wooden forms for the end supports, and filled them with concrete. They recently removed the wooden forms and they are starting to fill in with dirt and gravel around the concrete supports. It probably won't be long before they lift up the bridge again and set it down on the new supports. So foot traffic should resume soon.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
TBH it would be nice if people asked before running into your yard but if they are just going to rot personally I think it’s better if somebody takes them.

My neighbour for example has an apple tree, every year all of the apples just fall off and rot away, they never take any off and it then becomes a rats holiday home. Would be better if they they took some down and gave them away to neighbours.

We used to have a plum and a greengage tree and every summer my wife would take the fruit and give it away to my neighbours.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
TBH it would be nice if people asked before running into your yard but if they are just going to rot personally I think it’s better if somebody takes them.

My neighbour for example has an apple tree, every year all of the apples just fall off and rot away, they never take any off and it then becomes a rats holiday home. Would be better if they they took some down and gave them away to neighbours.

We used to have a plum and a greengage tree and every summer my wife would take the fruit and give it away to my neighbours.
I bet if you stepped foot on their property they would have a shit fit

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No fence and no posted signs, and I don't care if people are in the end of the driveway which is something that happens most clear days. They stop by to look at the huge walnut tree and other sights. However, when they pick blackberries or collect walnuts I become aware of their rudeness. I will silently judge them for their actions, but still not care that they are there. I don't get concerned unless they progress into the next camera which notifies me of an intruder.

I don't have a fence but the property is surrounded with thick blackberry bushes, and there's only a couple of places that a person might be able to get in if they don't mind fighting the thorny bushes. All of the intruders that I've seen over the years have come up the driveway, except for one. I call him Bush Man. I saw him emerge from thick brush in the field behind my house. I confronted him in my front yard, but he dove into the blackberries and scurried away on his hands and knees.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
No fence and no posted signs, and I don't care if people are in the end of the driveway which is something that happens most clear days. They stop by to look at the huge walnut tree and other sights. However, when they pick blackberries or collect walnuts I become aware of their rudeness. I will silently judge them for their actions, but still not care that they are there. I don't get concerned unless they progress into the next camera which notifies me of an intruder.

I don't have a fence but the property is surrounded with thick blackberry bushes, and there's only a couple of places that a person might be able to get in if they don't mind fighting the thorny bushes. All of the intruders that I've seen over the years have come up the driveway, except for one. I call him Bush Man. I saw him emerge from thick brush in the field behind my house. I confronted him in my front yard, but he dove into the blackberries and scurried away on his hands and knees.

1698024441097.png