Wanscam on a Mac - Can access via phone apps but not from a browser ?

root729

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, I have just received my incredibly cheap HW0043 Wanscam IP camera and have got it half working however if there is anyone that can help me get it fully working I would be even more happy.

I plugged it into my router with the supplied ethernet cable and firstly had a look at the phone app. I scanned the QR code and put in my network password and there it was, up and running and without doing any more i can simply plug the power in with no ethernet and view the camera on my android phone and also on my iPad . . which is going to be its main use as I work from a home office in the garden and i can see who is at the front door.

The issue is I cannot get access to the camera from any web browser on my Mac laptop or desktop. When i use terminal to see all connected devises on my network i get one set of ip addresses (192.168.0.1 etc) but nothing showing the camera. when i ping the "ipcamera" name i get a different ip address (81.200.64.50) but when i try that ip address from a browser i cant see it, I have tried hitting various ports such as 80, 99 and 100 but nothing as yet. Im not a network / ip expert so if anyone can guide me on how i can get into the camera from a browser it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tony.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need Windows and Internet Explorer to view it from a browser but that's an issue for after you find it I guess.

If you login to your router can you see it under attached devices or similar?

Susan Liu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,Tony,

You can download MAC PC software from this link : http://www.wanscam.com/xiazai/### .this software is a client support vieiwng in MAC directly .

From this software,you can find ip address of the camera,and input ip address in browser,then you can view it .

Any questions,you can contact our support :support@wanscam.com,or contact me sales02@wanscam.com .

Thanks .

Susan

Lestlie Li

n3wb
Reaction score
Wanscam HW0043 not support MAC browser, but they provide MAC software. You can ask them to get the software.

root729

n3wb
Reaction score
I used the link, got the software (was the slowest download ever) installed it, found the camera, found the ip address and logged in via my browser. Many thanks to Wanscam on this, works great ! (not sponsored lol)