WansView Could Cam

dabchner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

my grandma got I WansView cloud camera. I live right next to her, so we set up the camera in a way, that she could watch my yard as well, therefore I got access to the cam as well.

I cannot add this camera to iSpy on my PC, like I did with my other IP cams. Maybe because its a cloud cam, I dont know.
So I donwloaded the WansView PC software which I installed on my upper and lower PC in the house.

For some reason the upper PC streams the image with a ongoing delay. When I start the program, the time stamp on the cam image is the same as the time on my pc. As time goes by, the cams time stamp and the image delays more and more. For example: I would start the program by 6.00 p.m., so the time stamp on the cam also shows 6.00 p.m. and the time on my PC is also 6.00 p.m. After a while, I can see the imgae delays as I hear cars in the street, but the image remains the same, while I can also see, that its e.g. 6.18 p.m. on the PC, but only 6.13 p.m. on the time stamp of the cam. The adnroid app and the lower PC, running the same program as the upper one, are always the same.

Anybody has an idea where the problem lies?

ADomani

n3wb
Reaction score
have you tried to connect directly in RTSP via VLC or MPV other?
For this you will of course need to know the IP of the House where the camera is and have secure access, of course.

For the rest, Audio/Video offset or other...
I don't know the WansVieux inside out, but it's a safe bet that whatever stream you view via the app (especially since you're not on the same network as the camera), you'll get it back from the cloud (hence the name..) and therefore before arriving at you, the stream is captured by the Camera, sent to the cloud, in "pseudo" real time then retrieved from the cloud (depending on the blocks emitted) to finally arrived on your computer.
Don't forget that even if you live 50m from the camera, the path I described above passes through sometimes "random" paths (this is the basis of the internet) and therefore the path can be "long" (in the transit infrastructure sense), and for "live" bin... it's not ideal.

hence my proposal to use the RTSP stream, which will be live without going through the cloud...
Despite everything you will always have a certain latency (2-5s depending on your connection)

it even seems to me that their applications, PC or Smartphone allow you to use the direct RTSP stream...