Warning about new Goolink app update on iOS

uint32_t

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a word of warning regarding the new version of Goolink released just recently, I cant remember the version number but its the most recent update as of this posting. I received a pop up last night on my iphone asking me to update, so I did, big mistake!

Not only did it wipe all of my settings, but the new version now forces a 5 second google video advert on you every time you open the app. Now I understand advertising is how these free apps are funded however this 5 second video advert is advertising the Google search app over and over which is already installed on my device. Big fail there.

Jvwavery

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a word of warning regarding the new version of Goolink released just recently, I cant remember the version number but its the most recent update as of this posting. I received a pop up last night on my iphone asking me to update, so I did, big mistake!

Not only did it wipe all of my settings, but the new version now forces a 5 second google video advert on you every time you open the app. Now I understand advertising is how these free apps are funded however this 5 second video advert is advertising the Google search app over and over which is already installed on my device. Big fail there.
Hello! Yes, I'm experiencing this same problem. The Google app ad is extremely annoying, as well as losing all my settings I had with the previous version. But I'm having other problems that are more troubling, to where I'm hating this 'upgrade'. I used to be able to log in, click the individual camera icons and the feeds would pop up automatically. I could close the window (not talking about closing the app), and open the window up again and the feeds would work perfectly. With this new upgrade, I have to log in, go to the device, hit the Preview button, finally wait for my feeds to show up, then if I close the window and want to look at the feeds again, they're stuck and won't restart in the current time. Even if you back out to the User Central window and click to preview the devices again, they're just black screens. I have to completely close the entire program, and then start over. It's horrible. I hate it.

uint32_t

n3wb
Reaction score
I've also noticed the app has been pulled from the App Store, well at least in my country it has - NZ. Not sure about US? However it would be much appreciated if someone who still has the older version could make a backup of their iOS device in iTunes and post a copy of the ipa file, then myself and others could restore the old version back to our devices.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could install an old version from a restore. I've done that before when iVMS went crazy once.