Water pressure monitoring

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last night I finished project I've been thinking of for a long time.

I live on the country side where I have my own well for water, I have horses and other animals that have their own bath tubs and big buckets of drinking water. The problem was that it's easy to forget that you're filling water and then 1 hour later wondering why there's no water in the kitchen tap and just realising the water to the horses is still on and the well is empty...
This happens every now and then and I've been thinking how to handle this in a Smart way.

My solution was installing a pressure sensor, I'm measuring the air pressure in the water tank, and connecting to one of my ESP's in the basement, using ESPHome for easy setup and calibration and then to home assistant to monitor and to send a push msg if the pressure goes low.

Tested and runs super fine!

See video when I ran the meter in home assistant next to the actual gauge on the tank.

View attachment 20210604_224235.mp4

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Super cool, am totally interested in smart home stuff. I like this solution. I run HomeSeer with about 38 devices attached ranging from hand crafted water sensors to pir sensors and door sensors.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@DanDenver I'm totally with you! The tailoring is the best, makes the successes so worth the head scratching vs buying a ready kit from the store.

Next thing is likely a water flow measure thingy as I have the components home already.
May become a 'push-a-button'and give the horses 50L water or something, we'll see!

Last edited: