Wealth of Knowledge

bam2413

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings, from the cold Midwest!

I stumbled across this forum after doing some research on IP Camera systems. Unfortunately, I found it a day after I spent a couple thou on Lorex.com. Thankfully I found it soon enough as I will be boxing the NVR and cameras back up for a return. I will be keeping the LNZ44P12B because this thing is ridiculous!

After finding this site, I ordered an Edge 4 router and Ubiquiti 24 port POE Switch. I somehow stumbled through that setup and downloaded a trial version of BI and was able to get it all installed and added the PTZ (LNZ44P12B) to BI. I recently ordered 3 IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and look forward to getting those installed this coming week. I spent all-day running Cat6 cable to the different drops. Learned how much of a pain in the ass crimping RJ45 connectors on solid copper Cat6 cable is. Ended up having to cut 4-5 connectors off because the cable wouldn't work.

Anyway thanks for all the knowledge you guys provide!! This feels like it could become an expensive addiction!!

blahness

n3wb
Reaction score
Get yourself some RJ45 connectors that are specifically meant for thicker-gauge cat6 cable. It makes things much easier. :)