Web Interface Questions

WalkeJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a "manual" or description of how to use the JPEG Refresh Interface for BI.

Is there a good description of the buttons and what they do?

What are the two "A" and "A" (smaller) buttons?

Is there a way to get to more than 5 of the presets?

What are the settings necessary in IE and/or FireFox to be able to use the JAVA Applet version (is this the "jpegpush" version?)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked in the Blue Iris help file? That is the "manual" for Blue Iris and it might have what you are looking for.

The "A" buttons are zoom for cameras with PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom). Most likely you are asking about them because your camera has pan and tilt but does not have zoom. Those buttons will still show up. They just won't do anything.

Yes, you should get 10 preset buttons if you load the internet explorer page default.htm which uses an activex plugin. There is no technical reason for there to be fewer buttons on jpegpull.htm, but for whatever reason that is how it is.

Yes, jpegpush.htm tries to run a Java applet, but I recommend you ignore this page. I haven't gotten it to work in years due to Java plugins being locked down so hard. Even when it worked, it was practically no benefit over the other web interface pages (default and jpegpull).

WalkeJ

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you looked in the Blue Iris help file? That is the "manual" for Blue Iris and it might have what you are looking for.

The "A" buttons are zoom for cameras with PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom). Most likely you are asking about them because your camera has pan and tilt but does not have zoom. Those buttons will still show up. They just won't do anything.

Yes, you should get 10 preset buttons if you load the internet explorer page default.htm which uses an activex plugin. There is no technical reason for there to be fewer buttons on jpegpull.htm, but for whatever reason that is how it is.

Yes, jpegpush.htm tries to run a Java applet, but I recommend you ignore this page. I haven't gotten it to work in years due to Java plugins being locked down so hard. Even when it worked, it was practically no benefit over the other web interface pages (default and jpegpull).

Thanks! I did not find anything in the help file on the web interfaces, but maybe I just missed it.

Duh! That makes sense. My camera only has Pan/Tilt and no zoom. I should have figured out what those buttons would be for.

It would be nice if they added the other five preset buttons to the jpegpull interface, but I can live with it. I also can't get the Java applet (jpegpush) to work due to security settings, but sounds like I'm not missing anything versus the jpegpull interface.

Jon