Web server issues after power failure

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yesterday I lost power for about 4 hours. When it came back on, I found that my Blue Iris machine was not able to use its normal IP address because something else on the network took that address. So I set it to use a new static IP locally. I went through the web server setup wizard in BI again to make sure it was working. It passes the internet connectivity test, then I see this error:

kg5kLcI.png

I click next again and the remaining steps all work fine. I can access the web server fine over the LAN while I'm at home. But accessing remotely is extremely slow and often won't connect at all. Any ideas on what I need to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually it turns out it was only slow while I was at home on my Wifi and accessing the internet URL for my system. Now that I'm at work, the connection is fine. Not sure why it's so slow at home. I still see the error in the server setup wizard, though, which did not happen before the power outage.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
make sure you dont use static IP's within the range of your DHCP or else you'll have issues.. got to set aside a small block outside dhcp's range if you want to have manually configured static hardware on the network.

otherwise you have to let dhcp manage all the ip's, have to configure static assignments on the server.