Web Site Still Shots upload help needed.

Scooter

n3wb
Reaction score
:DHello,

I'm new to the forum. I found a lot of great info in here so far, thanks.

First let me out-line what I was doing:
I had an Analoge Camera feeding to a capture device and using ConquerCam I was uploading a picture (still shot) every miniute. My computer running ConquerCam was hacked.. and I'm going to try and use an IP cam to do what I was doing. I'm really not sure how Conquer cam did the upload and overwrite of the same-name picture.

I bought a Hikvision camera (DS-2CD2732F-IS 2.8-12mm) because it said it would do FTP picture files. Yes, it does upload but doesn't Replace the first file and it doesn't allow me to name the file. Instead, It has a jpg file that has time stamp info on it. The pics keep stacking up in the server (Blue Host). The cam is nice but Ir bleed-over is another issue I'm having to deal with.

Website name is Sunlitedreams.com and you can view the source and Java scripts.

What I need is a cam that allows me to rename the files and make the each file replace the existing OR previous picture or a Script or mode in the web site server that will do the same.

I've been searching for another Java script for this and no luck.

Of course, I'm open to another way to do this.. but I don't want to do video as it steals my own bandwidth (DSL).. just still pics.

Thanks,

Scooter:eek:range:

Scooter

n3wb
Reaction score
HI,

I see a webpage code to display a pic...

I'm looking for something to delete old uploaded pictures. (in the website server)

Some of the links don't work.. by the way...

From the source codes I see, most are accessing the cameras.. ( when you click on the hypertext your computer goes to the camera or Network server to get the pic) and what I want to do is have the cam dump pics to the website directory and have the pics accessed there... plus have the upload code from the camera over-write the last or previous picture.

Example:
If say 10 viewers are looking and the refresh happens and 10 people get uploaded 10 pics to their computer, that's a significant strain on my limited bandwidth.. If, however, I have the pic located at the webpage server.. then I only have to upload 1 pic and not 10.

So, there must be some brand of Cam that will allow for deleting the old pic as it uploads the new pic under the same file name. (?)
I don't want to have anyone accessing my camera.. I want to allow access only to the "distant " web site server ie.BlueHost..

Scooter