Webcast Youtube Main Stream vs Sub Stream?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insights on getting BI to webcast a cameras main stream rather than the sub stream to YouTube? I've struggled with this for a while with no luck. There are some old posts here referencing a how-to on another site that is gone but otherwise I'm not finding much discussion of this. Appreciate any insights. My settings below -- but stream is the sub, not the main (or rather it is very low res. If I remove the sub stream from the camera setup, then the main stream shows up in YouTube. I realize I can setup another instance of the camera but this ends up duplicating the streams coming into BI and complicating my setup so I am hoping to find a solution w/o setting up another instance of the camera in BI.

1682095855479.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Check the encoding parameters (that ... button next to Flash 0). if I were you I would tell it to resize the output frame to exactly the size of the main stream and see if that works.

Reaction score
I find that just scales up the sub stream to the high resolution rather than using the main stream.

Reaction score
The camera I'm interested in webcasting to YouTube doesn't have a higher resolution substream.

Posting here to see if anyone has this working with a high resolution main stream? I tried support w/o a lot of traction a while back so hoping someone here has direct experience with getting this to work.