Webserver stopped working

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After several years of no problem, the webserver seems to have stopped working.

I use no-ip as well.

The IP addresses of the computer, and the outside IP have not changed.
The computer is port forwarded correctly.

I do have the internal side working, but for some reason, I cant get the cameras to show up on apps (either the blue iris app or other apps).

It appears the computer is hitting the no-ip server based on their webpage.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if NO-IP screws you in the near future.

I've had their "Enhanced Dynamic DNS" with up to 25 hostnames for 10 years, since Nov. 2013.
They billed my credit card $22 every month and in 2016 it went up to $24.95 per month...no problem.
It remained at $24.95 per month for 7 years until Oct. 2023 when it jumped to $59.99 per month....no email, no warning....a 140% increase!
No way would I have approved that.

So I call them. They have no special extension for billing. They say online to fill out a ticket, so I did, got a ticket number.
Waited a week, no response so I log in and look.....no ticket!

I cancelled of course but I'm paid up for a year whether I like it or not.
Bottom line? NO-IP is a bunch of crooks disguised as a legitimate DDNS provider.

Capital One was no help, I called it fraudulent and they had me filling out forms by the dozen so I dropped the issue...I can make 3 times that $$$ in the time it's take me to fill out and submit the copies, etc.

I'd love for No-IP to read this or anyone else out there that has had a similar issue with them. NO-IP IS AS CROOKED AS A DOG'S HIND LEG!
I urge you to cancel your No-IP DDNS or other DDNS, become a IPCT+ member and use IPCT's DDNS !

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you know your WAN IP? If not, go to whatismyip.org to find out.

To see if NO-IP (or any DDNS provider) is updating your hostname with your current WAN IP, open a CMD window and ping your hostname.....it should reply with your current WAN IP if it's resolving properly.

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

To see if NO-IP (or any DDNS provider) is updating your hostname with your current WAN IP, open a CMD window and ping your hostname.....it should reply with your current WAN IP if it's resolving properly.
I will look into it.

I am paid up for a year, so Im trying to work on getting this figured out.

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Tried pinging it.....

C:\>ping www.s********t.ddns.net
Ping request could not find host www.s*********t.ddns.net. Please check the name and try again.

Using portchecktool.com I know it can be seen from the outside...

Success! I can see your service on *...* on port (81)
Your ISP/Router/Firewall is not blocking port 81.

Last edited: