Western Digital SSD - At this rate, they're gonna go broke

Reaction score
Several weeks ago, the system drive (a WD Blue 512 GB SSD) failed in my BI system. It was just over two years old, and I had a spare Samsung EVO available, so I replaced/rebuilt it. Meanwhile, I sent the original WD Blue SSD in for a warranty claim. Well, the replacement SSD arrived yesterday, and I just opened it. It's a new WD Red 2 TB SSD with a full five-year warranty. Seriously? They replace a smaller, lower-rated failure with a much larger, higher-rated new item. And they sent it inside a a full-sized 3.5-inch HDD box with shock-insulation I don't know if they've gone woke, but with this replacement policy, they'll definitely go broke.

Reaction score
this is standard procedure...
in many cases cost of repair modern electronics is higher that replacing it with new models with today specification...

all electronics have mostly constant warranty repair rate (usually under 10%) - it is calculated into product prices You pay..

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Several weeks ago, the system drive (a WD Blue 512 GB SSD) failed in my BI system. It was just over two years old, and I had a spare Samsung EVO available, so I replaced/rebuilt it. Meanwhile, I sent the original WD Blue SSD in for a warranty claim. Well, the replacement SSD arrived yesterday, and I just opened it. It's a new WD Red 2 TB SSD with a full five-year warranty. Seriously? They replace a smaller, lower-rated failure with a much larger, higher-rated new item. And they sent it inside a a full-sized 3.5-inch HDD box with shock-insulation I don't know if they've gone woke, but with this replacement policy, they'll definitely go broke.
Perhaps they mix up your return with another person?