What are these artifacts?

tomm

n3wb
Reaction score
What are these artifacts and is there any way to prevent them from tripping motion alerts?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its dust or pollen in the air, theres really only 1 way to get rid of it.. disable onboard IR and go w/something external

tomm

n3wb
Reaction score
Its just strange that its not every night so maybe its fog particles. Really a pain when you want to find something and it causes 5+ hours of almost constant alert recording.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
fog looks entirely different, its dust/pollen.. depends on conditions, direction and speed wind is blowing, how dry its been, etc..

IVS Rules typically wont pick it up..

tomm

n3wb
Reaction score
fog looks entirely different, its dust/pollen.. depends on conditions, direction and speed wind is blowing, how dry its been, etc..

IVS Rules typically wont pick it up..
I am in NJ and we are having out of the norm warm temperatures, I even seen a mosquito yesterday and its only February and the normal high this time of year is 40 and today its already 72.

Ron516516

n3wb
Reaction score
Does your Dvr have a sensitivity settings for emotion maybe turn down the sensitivity you'll have to play with it

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, pollen and dust, and in Florida a few noseeums mixed in ;)

Fog looks something like this on a Starlight with IR on, typically tripwire and Intrusion ignore it, but with MD on - fuggetaboudit

(Dont forget to change to 1080p)

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That stuff looks like tiny insects to me since I see no wind action at all on camera. Insects seem to see IR and I get the same effect when weather gets warmer. I also get the fog reflection on IR too. Looks like a hurricane on IR enabled cameras.