What are you all using to control your PTZ?

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What joystick are you all using to control your PTZ, are there any modern cheaper products? perhaps by Dahua or Hikvision?

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not a joystick, but I’m using a Streamdeck with each button assigned to a PTZ preset, plus buttons for manual movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Hmm interesting, i never thought of that. Is it easy enough to integrate with Blue Iris? Could you elaborate.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought the Elgato Stream Deck XL on sale for $149 and I'm just using HTTP commands to call the PTZ presets. I created a new user in BI just to run commands, then assigned a URL to each button. The button URL is formatted like this:
Here's a screenshot from the config window:

streamdeck_config.png

...and the device looks currently like this. You can have multiple pages, so I have a separate control page for each camera and switch between them with button.

streamdeck.jpg

I find it faster than clicking a button on-screen because they're always in the same place. It's obviously not as responsive as an old analog system with a joystick, but it takes about 1.5 seconds from the moment I press the button to see the image move on my screen.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
d
I bought the Elgato Stream Deck XL on sale for $149 and I'm just using HTTP commands to call the PTZ presets. I created a new user in BI just to run commands, then assigned a URL to each button. The button URL is formatted like this:
Here's a screenshot from the config window:

View attachment 163439

...and the device looks currently like this. You can have multiple pages, so I have a separate control page for each camera and switch between them with button.

View attachment 163440

I find it faster than clicking a button on-screen because they're always in the same place. It's obviously not as responsive as an old analog system with a joystick, but it takes about 1.5 seconds from the moment I press the button to see the image move on my screen.
damn appreciate the post, this may be what i have to do! i like the way you can customize presets, gamechanger.