What camera type with these wires?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The PoE power output from the NVR should be adequate.

I recall there being a spec of no more than 6ft of ethernet between the NVR and the transmitter, and same on the camera end...I never tested it past that so cant say.

What models cameras are you using?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Gee, Id have to suspect the Coax, is the first eoc (trans) nearest NVR not lighting up at all?

Last edited:

phillcee

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct, I tried 2 sets of EOCs on 2 diff ports & neither lit up. He has an older analog camera system (installed in 2012), I did see the cameras functioning on the old system this morning.

Is it possible that the coax is still good for the analog, but not for the ip cameras?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
damn..Possible I suppose, I'm no expert on the conversion technology.... doesnt make sense why the first one nearest the NVR wouldnt at least power up...connect ot clean without the coax attached and see if it lights up? If it doesnt then the coax isnt the primary problem...

phillcee

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you used the convertors before? I'm wondering if I need an additional power supply or if I should return these and try a different one. If I can't get it to work I'll have to ge him an analog system.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I did at my old house, Im not currently using them. They worked fine with my Dahua system...

phillcee

n3wb
Reaction score
I don’t have one but I may purchase one to try it out. I’m running out of options.

phillcee

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have an external PoE switch you could temporarily plug the trans side into to see if it will light up?
I just ordered one. It may be a few days before I can get back to his house to try it out. I sent the eoc company a message to see what they think. At least with the switch they’ll get power. I’ll post any updates. Thanks to all who are trying to help me out. I appreciate it.

phillcee

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you bench tested everything with a 6foot pre-made coax cable?
No I did not. I will try that after work today. I did bench test them with the cat6, now I’m wondering since I ran the system with the cameras hooked up with the cat6, should factory reset the nvr.

phillcee

n3wb
Reaction score
I received the poe switch, plugged it in and they powered up. . I had to make up 3 coax cables with bnc connectors. Got 2 of the 3 working, one cable is bad (my fault never crimped bnc before). I got 2 of the 3 cameras working. Will try to re-crimp the bad cable tomorrow. I want to get all 3 working.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Based on the picture you shared, it appears to be a coaxial cable with an RCA connector. This suggests that it's an analog camera system, not an IP camera system. In this case, you'd typically use an HD-over-Coax (HDoC) type of system. You can find suitable equipment at ADI to set up and connect the cameras
FWIW, the cameras being analog was noted back in May at post #2 and again in post #5; and it's a BNC connector, not a RCA, for the video. :cool:

phillcee

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to update for those that helped. I returned the first batch of eoc convertors & purchased another brand. The newer convertors powered up without the Poe switch. . I had to have the passwords on the cameras reset by LTS. That was done on a Friday & I installed the following Sunday. Everything worked as I was told it would. I do appreciate the time you guys took to help out a rando electrical contractor.
Thank you!