what happened to the ignore zones (mask) feature?

Reaction score
i just reinstalled the pc with blue iris on it and reinstalled blue iris and i guess there was a new version, either way i was resetting up the cameras and went to block out certain parts on the cameras like usual and noticed now there is zones labeled 1-8 and as much as i looked i didnt see a way to use one of those zones as a ignore this zone type of thing...

thanks in advance

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the newest version of BI does things a little different from the previous versions. The new zones are an inclusive filter and not an exclusive filter. You can use zone A just like you would have done in the past but reverse it. Any place you want BI to monitor for motion, mark it with the green. Any place that is not marked with green will be ignored. It is in the help docs if you need more help. Also being discussed to some degree here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9138-4-3-0-February-23-2016

Reaction score
oh ok, thanks for the help! got it all set up now.

but i got another question idk if its possible or not, is there a way to backup the settings for blue iris so if you do end up having to reinstall you dont have to go threw setting up zones,motion detection,etc?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, in two places. The first is BI Setting>Export Settings button. Then you can export each cameras settings independant (and is not included with) from BI settings by going Camera Properties> General tab > Export

Reaction score
my god... i have seen that so many times but never thought that was the backup. i searched the help document and everything searching for keywords "backup, restore"

well thanks for the help...again =P