What has gone wrong with my camera?

Pete6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I bought 3 x Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW28MM cameras. These are PoE 8MP turret devices. They are currently connected to both Blue Iris and an Amcrest NV4116E-A2. Blue Iris is for final destination but it is currently running on my desktop PC until a dedicated server is delivered later this week.

One of these cameras is behaving badly. What are these black rectangles? IHow do I get rid of them? I have rebooted the camera, power cycled it and externally powered the camera. What is wrong here please?

Thanks
Pete
lackRectangles.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those are privacy masking blocks. Go into the Camera GUI and it will be on one of the tabs - the area where you tell it where to place the time on the image, etc..

Pete6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you all. I have been juggling lots of balls lately. I am coming off a DVR with 8 analog cameras. I thought I'd just replace that with a decent NVR. It turned out that unlike analog baseband video and RS485, differing manufacturers products do not play nice with one another in the IP world. I had not expected this. Neither had I expected to dislike the Amcrest NVR quite so much.

Blue Iris is fantastic. Yes, it is complicated but it has done everything I have so far aske of it.

I had to buy an 8 port PoE ethernet switch to get all my PoE cameras off the NVR which has 8 of them. That meant changing all the IP addresses. I used the Static IP table in my Ubiquiti router for this and that meant changing the DHCP range. That's all done now. So I am running both the Amcrest NVR which is doing my recording until my new Blue Iris server is up and running. BI is runing on my i7 desktop. Once the server is running, I can start it recording and simply remove the NVR.

All the above is why I missed the simple problem here. My tiny brain was saturated. I knew that but I did not know that I knew that, kinda sums it up.

Thanks again.
Pete

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
differing manufacturers products do not play nice with one another in the IP world
Some do, some don't.
You can't guarantee anything will work when you mix and match.
You have to just suck it and see.