what is happening to my videos they went from very good to not so good

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that the same camera? The cat in the first video looks closer than the one in the second.

Reaction score
Is that the same camera? The cat in the first video looks closer than the one in the second.
same camera, the first one is a bobcat and the second one is just a barn cat but if you look at it full size the video has really degraded.it looks like it is full of eye floaters

Reaction score
same camera, the first one is a bobcat and the second one is just a barn cat but if you look at it full size the video has really degraded.it looks like it is full of eye floaters
here is a video from the same camera showing the clarity of the video

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
To me the first video looks like it switches from B&W, with IR, to color. I'd check the day/night settings because, to me, it looks like it's changing.

Reaction score
To me the first video looks like it switches from B&W, with IR, to color. I'd check the day/night settings because, to me, it looks like it's changing.
it was tracking that bobcat as it headed to the gate where there is 2 more cameras and 2 IR light panels but the clarity was nice and sharp not so now for some reason

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would check and make sure the settings didn't change. My PTZ on reboot will drop the bitrate down a lot. Another one will change it to auto shutter.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that a 3 legged coyote?

I think that streetlight was trying to make it go to color mode and for some reason it couldnt? Weird. The first video is odd too, it switches to color, then back to B&W after it's looking at a very bright light in the background. I don't see why it went back to B&W?

What model camera is it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
yes the coyote only has three feet, it looks like it lost that one above the ankle.
the camera is a Hikvision DS-2DF8223I-AELW some of the other cameras down at the gate are behaving oddly too with the same low quality video in the dark. what is also odd as camera 2 and camera 3 are the same dahua model IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E
cameras set the same but one has far better low light also camera 3 will zoom in BI but camera 2 will not respond. but it will from the camera interface

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is hard to say for sure because YouTube recompresses the video, but check the 3D noise reduction is still enabled and at an appropriate setting. Also check the exposure settings and the video quality and bitrate settings.