what is the easiest way of bringing cameras over from another BI machine?

Reaction score
I tried exporting from one and importing into the new machine but a lot of settings did not import.
is there a secret way like saving and importing into a midas m32 sound board?

Reaction score
no one knows the secret? or they promised not to tell? oh whoa

for years I was saving scenes and settings on a midas sound board by putting a tick mark in the box for hat setting only to find out you untick what you want to save. which was not very intuitive

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This is what I have done in the past:

1. Install Blue Iris on your new machine.
2. Make a copy of the Blue Iris folder on your old machine and use it to replace the folder on your new machine
3. Registry export:
  • Using Reg Editor - Export these keys and import them on your new machine
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris
      • Contains almost all of the configuration including registration/activation data.
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris
      • Contains a relatively tiny set of values to remember GUI-related things such as:
        • The console window size and position.
        • Layout and configuration of any detached camera frames on the desktop.
        • Visibility of timeline, ptz controls, etc.
        • State of the clip list selections.
4. Start Blue Iris on your new machine and rebuild the database

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how product activation transfers. More than likely after restoring the registry backup on different hardware, Blue Iris will come up in trial mode and you'll need to re-enter your product key. But all the other settings should transfer that way. Blue Iris only stores settings in the registry.

You can also copy over the clip database and avoid rebuilding it, if you also copied all the clips and all the paths are exactly the same as the previous machine.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to just copy one camera to another machine, there's per-camera export and import functionality in the camera properties panel.

Reaction score
I have a second license for the new machine partly because I have been trying to update the other machine since 11-16 and I wanted to have 2 machines running it incase one fails. the old machine has BI installed on the8 tb purple drive and i need to install it on my c: drive and reformting my x drive to1 mb sectors