What is the most you have ever spent on an individual camera?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
I am enjoying learning a lot from this forum so far.

I see the majority of posts revolve around budget, Chinese cams or mid range hikvision, Huisun, etc. And I totally get and appreciate all the discussion and review around trying to continually find and share information about cameras with the best quality results for the best price....it will help me decide what to buy eventually.

I have also seen i my research so far some pretty cool and /or really pricy stuff out there on other sites and wondered how much better any of it is or is not for the big bucks.

So it got me wondering...it would be fun to know if anyone here has spent some serious cash on any pricy "high end" cameras and what their resultant reviews would be of those.

So if you have bought (or even otherwise had experience seeing or using) anything really high end or different and cool, please let us all know what you bought, what it cost and how well it has worked out..pics or video samples would really help quench the curiosity.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Years ago, I bought two 27X 700TVL IR PTZ analog security cams at about $325US each (they are still in use BTW). They are what really got me into the cam bug. I live on 5 acres (as do each of my neighbors), so we have a lot of wildlife around here, and PTZs with night vision really do the job for us. :)

At the time, we considered them "high end". How things have changed. :p

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
On fixed cameras, the most I spent on a single cam was close to $300 each on two Acti E77 cameras. I bought them because they were 10 megapixel. They were terrible. Quality comparable with a 3MP hikvision, except with a far lower frame rate, extremely weak infrared, and one of them has bad focus even after sending it to ACTI for repair where they repleaced the lens.

But good PTZs cost more. I spent $800 on a 2MP 20x Dahua PTZ in 2013 (plus over $100 on a squaretrade warranty that hasn't been needed), and another $800 on a 30x in 2014. Both from ebay. Both still work great, and are great, fast PTZs with good optics and long range infrared.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dang, $800 is a lot for me anyway...but I was hoping to hear some cool stories of someone having a several thousand dollar model!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk