What powerline switches should I try at this local history museum?

Reaction score
I help take care of a local history museum in a remote rural location. There are 6 major buildings spread over 10 acres. They are unoccupied most of the. I'd like to monitor them for people and racoons. May be infrared, motion detection and listen-in matter most. I don't need video monitoring of simultaneous locations.

One of the buildings can have cable modem service. Burying cable between buildings is not an option. Two of the buildings can only be connected with wifi. Four buildings share a breaker box so may be powerline switches will connect them.

I have experience with long range wifi but none with powerline. My question is, what powerline switches might be best if range and stable operation are the most important considerations? I have one 300' run. All the rest are shorter. I want to get a pair of powerline devices for testing. Anyone have a product to recommend?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd use a dedicated RF link system like the Nano Station Loco from Ubiquity. More than enough bandwidth capability and none of the headaches of powerline adapters, IE being on the same phase.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
As @sebastiantombs says PtMP wireless all back hauled to a central building or VPN for each building (if they all have internet access). No powerline adapters for anything other than hobby or home use.