What software to use to combine videos?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Any free/open source software that you know to combine mp4 videos? Windows Movie maker didn't work with that format

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, I don't need anything fancy, just want to stitch 3 videos together.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any free/open source software that you know to combine mp4 videos? Windows Movie maker didn't work with that format
I had the same problem using Windows Media Maker and it comes down to not having/able to use the codec/filters for Hikvision video files. If you install the Hikivision DirectShow Filters you'll be able to play the videos in Windows Media Player, but not with Windows Movie Maker. One way I was able to get it working was by converting the files downloaded from my Hikvision NVR to a compatible MP4 version. I used Hikvision Format Converter tool for conversion. The files downloaded from my NVR are .mp4 with MPEG2_PS format (based on the file information from the tool). Change the target format to MP4 and match the clip information as far as dimensions/fps/bitrate (don't use the defaults). A little more work, but it's free. :D

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Handbrake allows merging of source files when batch encoding..just choose an appropriate profile since its a lossy encode.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
avidemux is free, and super fast at doing what you want. Load your first clip, then "append" additional clips. It doesn't have to re-render everything so it's done almost instantly.