What would cause the main stream in BI to lag the substream and cam's live view by several minutes?

Mike A.

Known around here
May 6, 2017
I've had this problem on and off for a long time... The main stream of my Color4K-X will lag the substream and the live view in the cam's web interface by several minutes. See video below (sorry for the Shorts video, easiest way I could think to show it quickly while I'm thinking to ask about it).

IMG 6221 (youtube.com)

Time in the live view on first screen left is 12:26:03. Time in BI on second screen right is 12:24:46. The same cam's substream in BI is on time. Only the main stream lags. The amount of lag can change to less or a little more but generally is in about that same 2 minutes or so range. Restarting BI does not affect it. I can restart and when it comes back it's still lagged. Restarting the cam in BI will correct it until whatever time that it decides to start doing it again which can range from minutes to weeks. No other cams are affected at the same time but I have seen the same effect independently for another 4K cam (5842T) at times. Nothing really in common between the two cams as far as setup, connection, etc., that I can think of other than being 4K.

I'm not sure how this happens? Didn't think that BI has a buffer like that?

Last edited: