What would you do if you fell in a septic tanks?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
This Amazon driver does what anyone would naturally do, video the experience.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Essentially been there, done that.

I used to work on a pig farm. On Christmas morning one year we walked in one of the barns and noticed the floor gave way and we had about 20 sows in the pit underneath them. (the pit is 8' deep where all their shit goes.

At that time the pit only had about 3' of shit in it.

We borrowed some air packs from our local fire department. I put on a set of waders and went down to see if we could chase the pigs to a corner and pick them out with a sling and sky track..

Within minutes, I tripped and fell, I went completely under water being top heavy with a air pack on. My waders were now full of shit, I had to take those right off right there in order to move.

A few years after that I joined the fire department. That particular air pack was never used after that day because they couldn't get the pig shit smell out of it.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mom also has pictures of me as a kid when I went outside to play and found a nice mud hole to play in. Turned out I spent the afternoon playing in shit. That mud hole wasn't mud, but the results of a bad drain field and septic back up.