what's causing studdering? When I play back my vidoes are studdering and missing fram

webcan

n3wb
Reaction score
HI! When I play back my videos all my vidoes are missing frames and has a studering effect.. what can be causing this and how can I fix this.? I am using BI with Foscam cameras..
I have it loaded as a service at the moment.

quick specs...
I have version BI 3.66 on a Windows 7 Ultimate. 6 core cpu and advanced graphics card and 16gig mem.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: what's causing studdering? When I play back my vidoes are studdering and missing

Hard to say. Make sure CPU usage is nowhere near 100% on the BI system and memory usage of blueiris.exe lower than 2 GB for best stability.

Some recommendations:

If you are using direct to disk format, increase the frame rate in Blue Iris to be a frame or two higher than the camera is set to stream (and of course uncheck the adjust automatically box).

If you are saving to a format besides .bvr, change it to .bvr and see if that helps. I had lots of trouble with mp4 files when I tried them.

However I get the same thing from time to time even with my Hikvision cameras and have not been able to completely eliminate the problems.