What's causing this issue?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It would be good to know what camera brand/model and how you are viewing it. If it worked on the bench with a test cable the cable is the culprit as a general rule.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tested the camera before installing. I already redid the rj45 terminations. Is it the cable? it's a 50 foot run. what could be causing this?
Did you use CCA or Copper cable? Solid or stranded? Are you using 586A or B for the wiring scheme? Are you sure that the terminations are tight? Some crimpers can be poor.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
40 FPS and it looks like higher resolution that 2MP maybe 4K or 8K cameras. I suspect bitrate starvation.

What are the camera specs and model?

What bitrate are you allowing the camera's encoder? Guessing with the scant clues you give, I would expect this to need 10420 or 20480 kbps

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys; I don't have time ro reply back to them all but you got me thinking it could be the cable. going to try and replace it. Thanks!

Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
568B is, more or less, the standard used for video terminations. Given that the only real difference is that pairs two and three are swapped between 568A and 568B that shouldn't really cause a problem. You are sure the pairs match at each end, IE white/color and color/white are in the proper locations.

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
as already been mentioned but we need more details.

is the image constantly like this or just some of the time?

need the camera model
resolution ?
fps ?
bit rate (has been mentioned but this might be it)
are you using things that say : h264? h264h, h264+ , h265 h.265+ ..etc
CBR/VBR ?
iframes?
smart codec? zipstream ?