Where are my alerts?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I get my alerts in BI. It shows in the column on the left of BI. But when I go to my folder in BI, the alert folder, there are no alerts anymore. There has not been a new alert in the folder for over 5 days. What did I do to screw it up?

BPet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I get my alerts in BI. It shows in the column on the left of BI. But when I go to my folder in BI, the alert folder, there are no alerts anymore. There has not been a new alert in the folder for over 5 days. What did I do to screw it up?
I am having the same issue. How did you fix this? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! :)

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
2 of my 6 cams have had their alerts disappear. I will give your solution a try, thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that each hi-rez alert image counts as a record and BI has stated that once you get over 200,000 records, the database can get really unstable.

1714434942576.png

Consider if you need a hi-rez alert for every alert. I used to and then BI would get slow and I would have to blow them all out.

I figure if I need an image, I am going to playback the video and take a snapshot of the best frame.

The thumbnail image is good enough for me and keeps the Alerts folder empty and thus the number of records down.