where can I get firmware for my DS-2DF8223I-AELW speed dome ?

Reaction score
I currently have version V5.5.2 build 171201.
also I need to find another cooling fan

thanks mike

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you really need to ask yourself, why am I updating? If it is just for kicks, then stay with what is working.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain Dahua PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1614546148413.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh those sound like 3 reasons to try an update!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

You most likely can find a fan online that will fit.
Show us a picture and measurements of the dead fan.

Then again, the dead fan could explain the issue's you are having, from overheating.
I would cut power to the cam at around sunset, then power it back up a 3-4 hours later, and see if the issue's have resolved from letting it cool off.

Have you tried setting the cam back to factory defaults to see if that fixes issues.

Reaction score

You most likely can find a fan online that will fit.
Show us a picture and measurements of the dead fan.

Then again, the dead fan could explain the issue's you are having, from overheating.
I would cut power to the cam at around sunset, then power it back up a 3-4 hours later, and see if the issue's have resolved from letting it cool off.

Have you tried setting the cam back to factory defaults to see if that fixes issues.
I find the fan at ebay and it should be here within a month or so.
in the meantime I tried to update the firmware but I got "The version of upgrade file mismatches." I bought this camera off ertech when they were a sponsor and I tried to contact them for help but never received a response. that said I think this is an international version and Imade need to have someone source that for me as they are very territorial

thanks mike