Where to find scripts for PTZ "On Call"

Reaction score
Is there a list of scripts that can be used in the BI PTZ Preset "On Call", MQTT line? Or maybe a Do Command? I've copied/pasted a script for day/night control from others but don't inherently understand scripts myself.

I have a 2017 Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z (zoom only) without the PTZ/Preset function in the UI so looking for an alternative way to adjust the zoom using BI presets. Unless I'm missing it (and that's quite likely!) I don't see a way in BI to set a zoom preset and I assume this must be done in the camera UI like other modern PTZ's.

Thank you.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
To directly answer your question:
You would make a preset in the camera's GUI. You then use the Schedule tab to call that preset at a specific time. Keep in mind you cannot have your day/night as preset 1 or 2 and will want to move it further down the chain.

The actual answer to your question:
That camera is a varifocal and not meant to be zoomed in and out on a regular basis. It is meant to be set and left alone.

Reaction score
For your Part 1, maybe I didn't say it very well but that varifocal doesn't have presets in the GUI like my PTZs do, so not an option, maybe to avoid unintended abuse. I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
For your Part 1, maybe I didn't say it very well but that varifocal doesn't have presets in the GUI like my PTZs do, so not an option, maybe to avoid unintended abuse. I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know.
No, I understood what you meant, but still wanted to answer the question.

A varifocal is not meant to function as a PTZ. Someone may be able to chime in with the command string to call the zoom and focus, but the hardware is not meant to be constantly adjusted.

Reaction score
To close out and answer my first question "Is there a list of scripts that can be used in the BI PTZ Preset "On Call", MQTT line? Or maybe a Do Command? I've copied/pasted a script for day/night control from others but don't inherently understand scripts myself":

Answer: In the BI Manual, go to Administration (near the end) and HTTP Interface section.