Which camera for narrow side of house area

harmonist

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations on a camera that will look down the side of my house and cover 3 entrances, that side of the house borders a reserve so I want to keep an eye on anyone potentially jumping the fence. I realise it can't be too wide otherwise the IR would reflect off the house. Should I be looking for a narrow focal length or just point it more into the reserve with the side of it going down the house? I also thought I could put a PTZ at the other end which could trigger off the other camera and spin around if needed.

Appreciate any opinions!

floorplan.jpg

Reaction score
How far is it along that wall? My guess based on standard room sizes is about 60-70 feet? You will not find a single cam that can give you good face shots up close at the first window and at the far window at the same time. If all you want is to be able to se someone there and not ID the face, than just about any Dahua or Hik varifocal cam would do. With the varifocal you can dial in the amount of zoom to get the best coverage possible.

Currently the cam of choice by Dahua is the IPC-HDW5442T-ZE.

harmonist

n3wb
Reaction score
Good guess, its about 65 feet along that wall. Face ID is probably not essential along there, more just knowing whats going on, I did wonder about the varifocals, they sound like a good choice, I'll take a look at them, appreciate the info!