Which camera to get for my garage?

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I successfully deployed outside cameras. Got LTS 4MP turrets. Seem to work ok. Now on to my garage. Its indoors so now I'm not sure which camera to get.

Space is 24 feet length x 17 feet width x 8 feet height.
Here is a view from the garage door taken with iphone 6. This is where I'm thinking of mounting it
garageview.jpg

I was thinking of getting 3.2MP Cube camera with 2.8mm lens. But now that I think about it i can put a dome in there, or turret or anything else since its not exposed to elements. Any suggestions on which model to get? I'm a bit confused :)

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I put mine in the back corner to capture the garage doors as well as the man-door, and door into the house. Aimed it down enough to eliminate recording the ceiling. Since it's a 2.8mm lens, it can capture all that, and the two windows on the side. Garage is 28x26, two garage doors and 10.5' ceiling. Pretty good coverage with one camera. Hikvision DS-2CD2032i-i. Couple external IR lights help at night too. If I use the internal IR, it picks up dust specks like mad.

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Corner is not an option for me. Obstructed view on both corners. I want to mount it right above the house door in the garage. So you are using bullet one?

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep agree on 2.8, it will give about 90 degree angle (irrespective of whether you go with bullet, turret, dome), which is substantially more than the iphone 6 field of view, and perfect for such close distances like a garage.

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, bullet camera.
I'd suggest temp mounting in some way, so you can move around to get a feel for how it's going to look in daylight and in the dark.