Which cameras?

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here so please be gentle :D

Been looking at these for a while https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B017C4YXZO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1462726229&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=hikvision+turret&dpPl=1&dpID=419VWF-XPFL&ref=plSrch

Obviously they do multiple lenses ranging from 2.8 to 4mm and so on.

Just after some advice as to what people would recommend.

Ideally I want something to put on the back of the house to monitor the garden/conservatory and car port and also for the front of the house to monitor doorway etc...

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm an advocate for western region cameras ever since their prices came down... but that price is great and has opened up my mind again!

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't go wifi and these are Hikvision branded just a multi language just dont ever update as you dont have too. If you buy a NVR buy a NI model as then you can update the NVR which is the important end.

Reaction score
That's the 3mp version and I'm in the UK.

I'm an advocate for western region cameras ever since their prices came down... but that price is great and has opened up my mind again!
Don't go wifi and these are Hikvision branded just a multi language just dont ever update as you dont have too. If you buy a NVR buy a NI model as then you can update the NVR which is the important end.
Was going to use POE with my switch and plumb through to my QNAP TS-879 pro NAS with NVR capabilities.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
UK, I wouldn't buy from Amazon. It's pop luck whether you get Chinese or Grey import. Get from a trusted supplier if you buy local, it's the same price if not cheaper.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I meant you can get Western Region cameras in UK for same price as Chinese cameras in UK now, so if you are buying from the UK then don't get Chinese ones.

Can't beat Aliexpress chinese camera prices!

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with any of the cameras recommended in prior posts. I personnally have the 2332 and 2342 and they are working great. Will you connect them to an NVR?

If you believe you'll upgrade them in the future, go with western region cameras (and NVR). Some of mine were Chinese and I had to perform the MTD hack after upgrading their FW so they could still be recognized by the NVR.

-S