Which HikVision Cam Do I Have [mm]

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For all my HikVision Cams I have the model number from the web user interface, e.g. DS-2CD2132-I. However, how do I determine if this is a 2.8mm, 4mm or 6mm cam? The web interface doesn't seem to have that information and neither does SADP. I want to replace them with better models and in some cases also higher zoom but need some kind of reference point. I would prefer not having to take down the cam to look at the label.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't think the lens information is shown anywhere in the Hikvision fixed cams.

Do you still have the boxes or invoices/order confirmation emails/whatever?

If not, then post some images and we probably can make a reasonable guess.

Reactions: rfj

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do still have the boxes but I have various versions of Hikvision cams (not just the DS-2CD2132-I) and different focal lengths for the same model (like theDS-2CD2132-I) so I am not sure which box belongs to which cam. I guess I have to take out the latter:(

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
well if u can see close to 100 degrees its 2,8 if its way less then its 4mm. Those 2 were most common

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do still have the boxes but I have various versions of Hikvision cams (not just the DS-2CD2132-I) and different focal lengths for the same model (like theDS-2CD2132-I) so I am not sure which box belongs to which cam. I guess I have to take out the latter:(
You have the s/n of each camera on each box; and you can also see the s/n of each camera on SADP :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
On the Hikvision cameras that have the MM is printed on the camera label. Also the model number of the camera.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You have the s/n of each camera on each box; and you can also see the s/n of each camera on SADP :)
Ah, that is probably the easiest and safest way to determine it.