Which one for Home Assistant ?

Reaction score
Hi guys, newbie here.
I'm planning a new setup with home assistant and I'm looking for a 100% compatible IP cam.

Requirements are:

1. 100% ONVIF/RSTP
2. No cloud access/no call home. Or at least, something that I can easily disable (drop internet access from the cam network or similiar) without loosing the ability to configure the cam
3. Better if pan+tilt
4. Better if the vendor has a good lineup with cameras for internal, external and so on (i don't like to mix vendors)

Actually i'm using a Tapo C500, perfect in almost everything (good looking, small size, pan and tilt, night vision, ...) but It's not possible to manage it without their app and their app only works with an internet connection
I also have a reolink 520A, high picture quality, works without internet , has an integrated web interface, but it's not pan-tilt
The reolink E1 doesn't have an integrated web interface and thus is not possible to use the app without internet (tried with the 520A, if internet goes down, you can't use the app even on the same network as the camera)

So, any idea ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
i can find the Imou easily, i think they are dahua rebranded but how to use all of these without chinese app, internet connection and Cloud?